Buy ENERGY STAR® certified appliances
With ENERGY STAR certified products throughout your home, you can save up to one-third of your energy costs for those appliances per year. The ENERGY STAR label can be found on a variety of products for your home.
What to look for:
Look for the ENERGY STAR logo on the product package, sales tag, or the item itself. Hundreds of ENERGY STAR certified products are on the market.
- Appliances: Clothes washers, dishwashers, refrigerators, etc.
- Heating & cooling: Room air conditioners, furnaces, heat pumps, etc.
- Home enclosure: Windows, doors, skylights, etc.
- Electronics: Televisions, phones, DVD players, etc.
- Office equipment: Computers, monitors, printers, etc.
- Lighting: Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), light-emitting diodes (LEDs), fixtures, etc.
- ENERGY STAR certified appliances often use less water.
- ENERGY STAR certified appliances often have other features that make everyday tasks more convenient, such as useful settings and sensors.
Good to know: If you have a large household, you may spend a lot of money on laundry, dishes, a full refrigerator, and home electronics. Switching to ENERGY STAR appliances and devices can really pay off. For example, energy-efficient washers conserve water, hold more laundry, and are gentler on your clothes.
For rebates on furnaces and air conditioning units, visit CollusPowerStream.ca/ForHome